Relationship matters: After all I suffered with him, he dumped me

Don’t just sit there and wait for someone with empty hands…

Your man tells you he is not planning on having kids or getting married anytime soon as he is still sorting out his life

He tells you he wants to have his second degree, a proper house and a bigger car first…. You sit there smiling with just a birth certificate thinking you’ll be the wife?

With the little he has, you ask for Brazilian hair and Mary K products..

He goes to work and goes straight to class after work… He leaves you in pyjamas and comes back to find you in the same pyjamas…

While he studies you watch all the Telemundo, Telenovelas, Africa Magic, Zee World, B4U, etc on Gotv, Dstv, etc.

He comes back home to find rice and chicken in the microwave everyday… The house is clean and his clothes ironed…

The only serious conversation you all have is about the type of groceries you guys need.

The only advice you give him is “babe you need to buy new socks, the ones you bought last time are torn” nothing intelligent comes out of your mouth… No plans of making your own life better… Yes you are pretty… No doubt about that…. So is every second girl passing by….

Do you realise something…
You are not doing anything a maid can’t do…. He’s going to finish school and the first thing he’s going to do is REPLACE HIS MAID cause he can now afford to pay one and have
a PROPER WIFE/GF.

That’s when we are going to hear your famous last words “I was with him through thick and thin when he had nothing, now that he is successful he thinks i am nothing”

Yes you’re right… You have always been NOTHING but a maid to him. . . Empower yourself to be the woman your man wants to be with…

A woman who would be able to carry the whole family if anything happens to his job or his health!!!

Ladies, invest more in empowering yourselves for a brighter future than on fancy clothes, expensive hair and make up……. Beauty fades but men can’t resist a woman with brains… Wake up and do something.!!!

Credit: Helen Pearl (FB)

Archives: Ghana Issues Stern Warning To Chinese Criminals

Chinese criminals who work at gold mines in Ghana will not be protected by their home country if they get snared in a crackdown on illegal mining, China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs warned after some Chinese nationals were rounded up for working in the African nation.

Although Ghana allows licensed companies to do small-scale gold mining, “it’s still illegal for foreigners” to work in the sector, “and they will not be protected by Ghanaian laws”, the ministry said on Monday on the Chinese social media app WeChat.

Some Chinese citizens had been detained “in recent days” for working at Ghanaian gold mines illegally, it said, without providing details.

China’s embassy in Ghana alerted miners at the start of the new year that they faced the possibility of being arrested as the local government stepped up its crackdown on foreign operations.

An official from the embassy’s consular affairs department, who declined to be identified, said he could not say more about the matter.

The ministry’s consular affairs’ media centre in Beijing could not be reached for comment.

Chinese miners have been flocking to Ghana, Africa’s second-largest gold exporter and the world’s tenth largest, for several years.

Ghana Issues Stern Warning To Chinese Criminals
The Chinese immigrants in Ghana have been accused of plundering the country’s resources and destroying the environment.

At the height of the miners’ gold rush in 2012-13, more than 30,000 Chinese were mining Ghanaian gold, according to an earlier report by the Global Times, a newspaper owned by Communist Party mouthpiece People’s Daily. About 90 per cent of them hailed from Shanglin county in southern China’s Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region, the report said.

But their number had fallen in recent years as Ghanaian police for digging for gold illegally. The arrests prompted the Chinese foreign ministry to urge Ghanaian authorities to enforce their laws – in a civilised way – to protect residents from having their resources plundered by foreign invaders.

Beijing has long been determined not to allow relations with Ghana to be undermined by the arrests of the illegal gold miners.

It wants to protect its growing trade relationship with one of Africa’s brightest economic stars. Ghana-China trade stood at more than US$6 billion in 2017, up 11.7 per cent from a year earlier, according to an article on the website Ghana Web.

At the height of the miners’ gold rush in 2012-13, more than 30,000 Chinese were mining Ghanaian gold, according to an earlier report by the Global Times, a newspaper owned by Communist Party mouthpiece People’s Daily. About 90 per cent of them hailed from Shanglin county in southern China’s Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region, the report said.

But their number had fallen in recent years as Ghanaian authorities had stepped up their raids on illegal mining, Su Zhenyu, secretary general of the China-Ghana Mines Association, was quoted as saying.

But news website Asia by Africa reported last month that 50,000 Chinese migrants had poured into Ghana in recent years, drawn by the country’s unprotected mineral wealth and sky-high gold prices.

Ghanaian President Nana Akufo-Addo called illegal mining by Chinese citizens a top concern.

“Ghana and China have a strong relationship,” he told Nikkei Asian Review last month. “However, we have a big problem [with] Chinese involvement in illegal mining activity in Ghana [and] we have decided to do something about it.”

In June 2013, 124 Chinese citizens were detained by Ghanaian police for digging for gold illegally. The arrests prompted the Chinese foreign ministry to urge Ghanaian authorities to enforce their laws – in a civilised way – to protect residents from having their resources plundered by foreign invaders.

Beijing has long been determined not to allow relations with Ghana to be undermined by the arrests of the illegal gold miners.

It wants to protect its growing trade relationship with one of Africa’s brightest economic stars. Ghana-China trade stood at more than US$6 billion in 2017, up 11.7 per cent from a year earlier, according to an article on the website Ghana Web.

It also seeks to defuse any issue that could stoke popular resentment against its citizens doing business in Africa or threaten its expanding trade relationship with the continent

Credit: ( Alice Yan) https://www.africanglobe.net/africa/ghana-issues-stern-warning-chinese-criminals/

Covid-19: NBA Chairman sues President for violation of regulations

The Chairman of the Bwari branch of the Nigerian Bar Association in Abuja, Mr Clement Chukwuemeka, and three others have sued the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, for the alleged violation of the COVID-19 regulations and protocols during the burial of Buhari’s Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari.

The suit marked FHC/ABJ/462/2015 was filed before the Federal High Court in Abuja on April 30, by Chukwuemeka, two other lawyers – Olalekan Oladapo and Raphael Ogbe – as well as a civil society group, Wheel of Hope Human Rights Foundation.

Other defendants joined along with Buhari and Mustapha in the suit are the Attorney-General of the Federation, Mr Abubakar Malami, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and the Ministry of Information.

The plaintiffs alleged that the handling of the burial of the presidential top aide violated the COVID-19 Regulations issued by Buhari and the guidelines issued by the World Health Organisation and the NCDC.

Kyari, 67, died of complications related to the COVID-19 on April 17 and was buried at the Gudu Cemetery in Abuja the next day.

The burial drew a large crowd, including top government officials who reportedly failed to observe the recommended social distancing measures.

The development sparked concerns about the possibility of an escalation of the spread of the dreaded COVID-19.

Members of the Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19 had apologised for the breach of the regulations and protocols at the burial.

The plaintiffs alleged that Buhari, Mustapaha, who is the Chairman of the PTF  and other defendants failed to ensure public safety during the burial.

They alleged that the defendants also failed to abide by the provisions of the law and guidelines in respect of COVID-19 lockdown, stressing that they endangered people in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, by their action.

The plaintiffs also recalled how a Lagos-based actress, Funke Akindele, and Abdulrashid Bello were arrested, prosecuted, fined N100,000 each by the court and given 14 days’ community service for violating the stay-at-home and social distancing orders in Lagos.

They noted that over 1,000 persons had been arrested and tried in the FCT, for similar breaches, insisting that “Nigerians expect that having used certain persons as scapegoats, no one should be spared and no one is a sacred cow.”

They also wondered why Kyari’s corpse “was released to his family for burial in the first place, contrary to the claim by the Minister of Information and Culture,  Alhaji Lai Mohammed, at a forum organised by the News Agency of Nigeria on April 3.”

According to the plaintiffs, the minister had said that “bodies of COVID-19 victims cannot be claimed for burial/internment due to their contagious nature’.”

Coronavirus: Femi Gbajabiamila and the controversial bill

A controversial bill sponsored by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila, and two of his colleagues, seeking to empower the Federal Government to convert any property in the country, including private properties, to isolation centres has continued to attract criticisms.

Apart from members of the House who protested that they were not served copies while it was read at plenary on Tuesday, before it hurriedly passed first and second readings on the same day, lawyers and many other Nigerians have described the bill as draconian and suspicious.

Also on Friday, the bill trended on Twitter as there were accusations that the sponsors plagiarised the law on disease control in Singapore. Those who made the accusations, included the International Centre for Investigative Reporting, which alleged that over 90 per cent of the content was plagiarised from Singapore’s law.

The bill, titled, ‘Control of Infectious Diseases Bill 2020’, was sponsored by Gbajabiamila, Pascal Obi and Tanko Sununu. They said the proposed law was designed to prevent the spread or possible outbreak of infectious diseases.

This is coming amid the shortage of isolation centres in the country owing to the increasing cases of the coronavirus across the states. As of Friday, the number of cases stood at 2,170, with number of deaths at 68, while 319 have so far recovered. Across the world, the number of cases rose to 3.3 million, with 237,440 deaths and about 1,069,023 recoveries.

The new bill, which passed first and second readings at the plenary on Tuesday, was described as, ‘A bill for an act to repeal the Quarantine Act (1926) and enact the Control of Infectious DiseaseAct, make provisions relating to quarantine and make regulations for preventing the introduction into and spread in Nigeria of dangerous infectious diseases, and for other related matters.’

On Thursday, the Director-General, Nigeria Centre for Diseases Control, Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu, had said at the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 briefing that there was need for more isolation centres as the number of cases surge.

He said, “Concerning the availability of bed spaces for the management of patients, there is no doubt that we are struggling in certain places especially in Lagos State, and to an extent Kano State and Abuja. But the biggest challenge right now is in Lagos where bed spaces are really tight.

“Across the country we have about 3,500 bed spaces identified as available for coronavirus patients but in Lagos we are already struggling. So, we are going to work with them to keep trying to make more spaces available.”

I had no issue with Keshi – Ikechukwu Uche

Ex-Super Eagles striker, Ikechukwu Uche, says he had no issues with Stephen Keshi during his time as coach of the national team.

The player, in an interview with Brila.net, said  he approached the late gaffer and asked him if there was any issue between them.

According to him, the late Togo national team coach told him that there was no issues between them.

Uche said, “I went to him (Keshi) and asked if we had any problems and he said there was none.

“I always gave my all for Nigeria whenever I pulled on the Eagles shirt.”

Uche had a torrid time in the national team during Keshi’s time in charge and played bit roles with Emmanuel Emenike the gaffer’s top striker, as the Eagles won a third AFCON title in South Africa seven years ago.

Reports quoted Keshi, before his death, saying that there was a frosty relationship between him and the striker.

“He (Uche) was supposed to be part of the team that is presently in camp but he said we must beg him first to play for Nigeria because he was left out of some competitions but I can’t beg anyone to play for Nigeria; impossible. That’s why he is not here.” Keshi told journalists before the Eagles game in a 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier.

“I don’t want to talk about the issue of Ikechukwu Uche again and I don’t want anybody to ask me about him again,” the coach added.

North Korea’s Leader makes first ‘public appearance’ in weeks

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has made his first public appearance in 20 days, North Korean state media reported early on Saturday, amid rumours about his health.

The Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported that Kim attended a ceremony marking the completion of a fertiliser factory in Suncheon, near the capital of Pyongyang, with other senior officials, including his sister, Kim Yo Jong.

KCNA said Kim cut a ribbon at the ceremony on Friday and those attending the event “burst into thunderous cheers of ‘hurrah!’ for the Supreme Leader who is commanding the all-people general march for accomplishing the great cause of prosperity.”

Kim was seen in photographs smiling and talking to aides at the ribbon-cutting ceremony and also touring the plant.

The authenticity of the photos, published on the website of the official Rodong Sinmun newspaper, could not be verified.

Asked about the KCNA report, U.S. President Donald Trump said: “I’d rather not comment on it yet.” 

Donald Trump: Coronavirus ‘natural in origin’ – WHO

The WHO has reiterated that the coronavirus is believed to be “natural in origin”, responding to a claim by US President Donald Trump that he had seen evidence that indicated the virus emerged from a virology institute in Wuhan, China. 

US President Donald Trump has appeared to undercut his own intelligence agencies by suggesting he has seen evidence coronavirus originated in a Chinese laboratory.

At the White House on Thursday, Mr Trump was asked by a reporter: “Have you seen anything at this point that gives you a high degree of confidence that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was the origin of this virus?”

“Yes, I have. Yes, I have,” said the president, without specifying. “And I think the World Health Organization [WHO] should be ashamed of themselves because they’re like the public relations agency for China.”

Asked later to clarify his comment, he said: “I can’t tell you that. I’m not allowed to tell you that.”

He also told reporters: “Whether they [China] made a mistake, or whether it started off as a mistake and then they made another one, or did somebody do something on purpose?

“I don’t understand how traffic, how people weren’t allowed into the rest of China, but they were allowed into the rest of the world. That’s a bad, that’s a hard question for them to answer.”

Premier league: Neutral venues considered to complete season

Neutral venues will be the only way to complete the season, Premier League clubs were told during a video conference on Friday.

“Up to 10 stadiums” would be used to resume the 2019-20 campaign.

The Premier League would also need up to 40,000 tests for players and staff if plans to play the 92 outstanding games behind closed doors are pursued.

Clubs reiterated a commitment to resuming the season “when safe and appropriate to do so”.

The conference followed a separate meeting, hosted by culture secretary Oliver Dowden, involving medical experts from several sports organisations, government and Public Health England, about “stepping up planning” for sport’s eventual return.

Representatives from football, rugby union, cricket, racing and funding body UK Sport were present.

Dowden introduced the meeting and said elite sport would return behind closed doors “when, and only when, it is safe to do so on the basis of expert medical advice”.

It is understood that sports have accepted that the return to competition is going to be a “long, detailed process” and the discussions in Friday’s conference were largely based on the resumption of training.

Texas, Ohio join array of US states starting to reopen economies

Texas and Ohio pushed ahead on Friday with a phased relaxation of restrictions that US states put in place weeks ago to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus, as Georgia took another step towards a full restart by allowing all businesses to reopen.

With White House guidelines for reopening having expired on Thursday, half of all US states were forging ahead with a patchwork of strategies to allow businesses, from restaurants and retailers to construction and manufacturing, to emerge from a month of dormancy.